Houses For Sale Toowoomba
View Our Houses For Sale in Toowoomba
If you’re searching for a house, land or unit for sale in and around Toowoomba, speak to The Real Estate People. We’re experts at keeping your needs in mind when discovering houses for sale. Whether it’s a family home or a brand new unit you need, allow us to get your foot in the door.
What You Should Know About Buying In Toowoomba
Below are some key steps about buying in Toowoomba that you should be aware of before you start your property search.
The Settlement Process As A Buyer
A property settlement is the term used when a home’s ownership is officially and legally transferred from the seller to the buyer. Once you have found the property you would like to buy, you will put an offer in to the seller which, if accepted, will start the contract negotiation. If you have a buyer’s estate agent you can request they help with this.
With all negotiations completed, the contract will be drawn up – it’s highly recommended you should engage a conveyancer to review the contract prior to signing. The settlement date will be set in the contract of sale, once signed the settlement process begins. There are a few things you should do during this process as a buyer:
- Secure the funds to purchase the new property
- Request any additional local council or building searches (your conveyancer will be able to assist with this and there are timeframes to be aware of)
- Arrange for a building and pest inspection (again, be aware of contract dates and leave enough time to receive and understand the report and attend to any concerns)
Ensure that all paperwork is accurate and in order (in particular names, addresses and dates are correctly recorded)
- Pay the deposit on the contract of sale to the party listed, by the due date
As the buyer, you should also take the time to:
- Organise building and contents insurance from the date you sign the contract
- Visit the property for a final inspection, to ensure it’s still in the same condition as when you viewed it initially.
- Check appliances, hot water system, structural details, locks, and other fittings to ensure everything is in the same condition as when you made your offer.
- This will also allow you to check anything you negotiated as a result of the building and pest report (for example, checking that the front stairs were repaired or a termite treatment has been completed).
- Ensure you have the funds to pay your stamp duty and other fees on the settlement date (these can be specific to states and local areas, so please ensure you are aware of costs due on settlement day).
Once settlement has been completed, you are free to pick up the keys and enjoy your new home.
A property appraisal is the process of having an expert value your home and provide recommendations on the market value of the property. As experts in the Toowoomba real estate market, we can provide free accurate appraisals on any property you are intending to buy or sell, which can help you to set a realistic budget for your move. We’ve worked with clients across the region and appraised properties of all sizes and conditions, from compact apartments to family homes. Contact The Real Estate People today to find out more about our free property appraisals!
How We Help Buyers
Buying in Toowoomba is exciting, but it’s also a huge decision. It’s important to work with a team of local experts who know the Toowoomba property market inside out to ensure you’re buying a home that you can be happy in for years to come. Our Toowoomba property professionals can advise you on the location and condition of the property you’re buying, as well as offer expert insight into buying in Toowoomba. In this way, we want to ensure that you make informed decisions that can help you to get the best deal possible on the home of your dreams.
Get In Touch To Discuss Buying In Toowoomba
If you’re looking for reliable, knowledgeable property experts in Toowoomba, get in touch with us today. Our friendly team will guide you through each stage of the buying process, telling you everything you need to know and empowering you to make informed decisions. With years of experience assisting customers to buying in Toowoomba, we make it our priority to help you find your perfect home.
Get in touch today to find out more about our property services in Toowoomba for buyers.