Rental Applications, maintenance forms & lease breaks Toowoomba
Please use the form below for all routine maintenance requests and allow 7 days for requests to be actioned.
In an emergency, please call or text message 0448 955 912. For routine repairs use the form on this page to submit your request. If you are unable to speak to anyone, please refer to our emergency contacts. Please let us know if this is a life or death situation.
What constitutes a rental emergency?
- Burst water pipe or a serious water or roof leak
- Blocked or broken toilet
- Gas leak
- Dangerous electrical fault
- Flooding or serious flood damage
- Cyclone, severe storm, fire or impact damage
- Failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply
- Failure or breakdown of an essential service or appliance on the property for hot water, cooking or heating
- Fault or damage that makes the property unsafe or insecure
- Fault or damage likely to injure a person, damage property or unduly inconvenience a tenant
- Serious fault in a staircase, lift or other common area of the property that unduly inconveniences a tenant in gaining access to, or using, the property.
All other repairs are considered routine repairs.
Rental Maintenance Form
For rental application for our Toowoomba properties and the surrounding areas, please download an application form and submit it with references via email.
Lease Termination & Lease Breaks
Not renewing your lease or need to break your lease agreement? Please let our real estate office in Toowoomba know as soon as possible. The Residential Tenancies Authority requires you to complete a Notice of Intention to Leave.
Breaking a lease in Queensland
If you wish to end a fixed term agreement before the end date without grounds (i.e. without sufficient reason) you are breaking the agreement, also known as breaking the lease.
A tenancy agreement is a legally binding agreement. If it is broken, compensation will need to be paid. When considering breaking your lease you should note the following:
1) You will be required to pay a break of lease fee, this equates to 1 week of rent plus GST payable within 7 days of receipt.
2) All obligations under the terms of your lease continue, for example:
a. You MUST continue to pay rent and remain in advance until a new tenant is found
b. YOU MUST continue to keep the property neat and tidy inside and out
c. For clarity, you remain completely responsible for the property until a new tenant is found and will be required to have the property cleaned upon vacating as per your lease.
3. We will need to be able hold inspections for prospective tenants, advertise it online and may also need to place a For Rent sign at the front of the property.
Residential Tenancies Authority
Whether you’re renting or sharing a house or unit in Queensland, it pays to know your rights. What’s expected of you, what’s expected of your landlord or property manager and everything you could possibly want to know can be found in this comprehensive booklet